Know where you can get important information before an emergency occurs. Research local emergency alerts, and identify trusted sources of news and information. At Virginia Tech, you can:
- Subscribe to VT Phone Alerts, a digital emergency notification channel availible to users with a Virginia Tech PID.
- Subscribe to VT Desktop or VT Twitter Alerts, a digital emergency notification channel availible to any user.
- Read Virginia Tech News to stay informed about daily university activities.
- Follow univeristy social media accounts for up-to-the-minute information.
- Monitor daily forcasts through local weather sources such as Virginia Tech WeatherSTEM or the National Weather Service.
Once you've learned the Be Hokie Ready basics, explore these resources to learn more about how to react before, during, and after an emergency incident: